Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Big E

Last time I said the Phrase, "The Big E" online, someone asked, "Is it an elephant?"

To answer that.... mature question, no. The Big E is kinda like a state fair, only for all of New England. It's SOOOO much fun! They have concerts (This year, Danity Kane, Natasha Bedingfield, Ashley Gearing, Fergie and Jordin Sparks were all part of the entertainment. They've also had O-Town, Carrie Underwood, Faith Hill, Brad Paisley, Rascal Flatts, etc. etc.), AMAZING food (you haven't lived until you had clam chowder from Massachusetts.), awesome exhibits (All this cool farm stuff), a buncha fun rides (Funny story bout that... but I'll tell about it later in the post) and PARADES!!

Although, it was kinda embarassing being there since my mom decided that she should bring her cane. *facepalm* Sarah, Dad and I would be walking, then we'd look back and notice that my mom was a mile behind us. *sigh* There was this wicked awesome jewelery place there that sold all these sweet earrings. Sarah got a cuff (it looks like you have a hoop in your cartlidge, but it's just a clip-on thing) and I got these BEEEEAAAAUTIFUL swirly earrings.

OK. About the funny story. When we got to the rides section, Sarah and I took Dad's cell and went wondering. We saw a ride that looked like the scrambler. We were like, OMIGOSH!! AHH! So we get in line and are there right in time before the ride starts. We get buckled in, and aren't paying attention to ANYTHING and just talking. Then the ride starts going up. We don't notice. We're just blabbing. Blah blah blahhh. All of the sudden, we're pretty much upside down. We were both like, "This isn't the scrambler...." Soooo we're screaming our heads off, and I'm threatning to kill Sarah. I'm sure it was an amusing sight. But, we decided to go on again, and when you expect it, it's actually really fun.


So, that's it for now. I'm reading this AMAZING book called Captivating by Stasi and John Ethridge. You. Must. Read. It. It ROCKS!

Lots of Love,

Katie <3

PS

I wouldn't mind getting a cool award. *smiles innocently*

No comments: