Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Book review: Anne of green gables


Name: Anne of Green Gables


Author: LM Montgomery

Brief summary: Anne Shirley (Anne with an "E"! Never without) Is an imaginative orphan who is sent to Avonlea, on Prince Edward Island to live with Marilla and Matthew Cuthburt. Marilla is a no-nonsense sort of person, and Matthew is just quiet and puts up with things he doesn't like. However, the Cuthburts had asked for a BOY! And they get Anne. SURPRISE! Anne drives Marilla up a wall, but finds a "kindred spirit" in Matthew.

Comments: This is one of the best known and loved Children's book of all time. This is my second time reading it, and I loved it just as much as I did the first time, if not more. This is a book anyone will enjoy!

Grade/Age level: 8 yrs old and up?? Maybe younger?? Although it's meant as a children's book, anyone of any age will enjoy it!

Cautions: None

If you like this book, you might also like . . . Little Women by Lousia May Alcott. Anne and Jo have a strong resemblence in my book.

Rating: 10/10

2 comments:

The Other Katie said...

I love love love love love love love all of the Anne of Green Gables books! Nice review. The plot might be explained a leetle better though. Maybe more about her deprived childhood (*sniff*). And Gilbert. You definitely need to talk about Gilbert. Oh yeah, and Diana. She's sort of important, I guess....
haha

Do you really think Anne is like Jo? I love both characters, but I never thought they were like each other. Anne is so romantic, and Jo is more of a tomboy. They both like to read and write though...
Maybe I need to actually read the book Little Women and not just watch the movie. lol.

The Real Katie said...

I know you love love love all of the Anne of Green Gables books. :)

*Facepalm* HOW COULD I FORGET GILBERT?!?! Please don't kill me!