Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My first mopey blog post... and a few thoughts on Thanksgiving.

We are finishing up the first quarter. I'm in a deep despair. I've failed one grammar test and one math test. And I can't redo the grammar test. I feel like an idiot. I'm usually a straight A student. Why aren't I anymore?? What's changed?? I don't understand! I've been doing algebra for three years! How can I fail an algebra test??? It's definately my weakest subject, but still. And grammar! How could I fail that??? That's one of my strongest subjects. I prayed so hard, and I failed. I don't understand why...


*sigh* I need to sleep. I'm not failing any courses. All my over-all grades are in the 80's or 90's. But usually, my grades are higher than this. :(

Anyway, I'll go now.

I hope you all have a very Happy, Blessed Thanksgiving. Remember: Thanksgiving is about being thankful. Remember you count your blessings. Here are some of mine:

A wonderful family who couldn't care more about my well-being.
The best friends who all look after and care for me.
A God who always has His arms around me, protecting me from all harm.
A wonderful youth group, where people love me for me. BECAUSE I'm me!
A roof over my head and food and drink to fill me.

Although we all have many things to be thankful for, many people don't have the blessings I do. Millions around the world are starving. Many people live on the streets, begging watching person after person ignore them as they walk by. Unborn babies who's mother plans on aborting them. Pregnant women who are thinking of having an abortion.

And as you look at the turkey on your table, sitting with your family, think about the people who don't have a turkey to eat or a family to sit with. Pray for them.


God Bless and have a Wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments: