There's a virtual cookie exchange going on over at The Creamer Chronicles! I'll be putting up COCOA SNOWFLAKES! YUMMO!
1 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup finely chopped nuts (optional)
1 teaspoon baking powder
5 tablespoons butter
1 cup sugar
2 extra large eggs
1/2 cup powdered sugar
- In a medium bowl sift flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a small heavy saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
- Add cocoa and blend well.
- Remove from heat and stir in sugar until combined (it will be a dark brown color).
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add vanilla, then eggs, one at a time, mixing well.
- Add nuts if desired.
- Add flour mixture and stir thoroughly.
- Cover dough and chill at least two hours.
- Work will chilled dough (1 handful at a time) keeping the rest cold.
- Roll 3/4 inch ball, then roll in powdered sugar.
- Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 minutes (one minute longer for crisp cookies).
- Let cool on pan 1 minute, remove from pan.
- Store in airtight container for soft cookies. Yields 40-60 cookies.