Hello Everyone,Most of you probably know about the FOCA, but for those who don't, here's a brief summary:
If you are opposed to abortion then there is bad news on the horizon. For those of you who do not know, the Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA) is set to be signed if congress passes it on January 21-22 of 2009. The FOCA is the next sick chapter in the book of abortion. If made a law then all limitations on abortion will be lifted which will result in the following:
1) All hospitals, including Catholic hospitals will be required to perform abortions upon request. If this happens Bishops vow to close down all Catholic hospitals, more then 30% of all hospitals in the United States.
2) Partial birth abortions would be legal and have no limitations.
3) All U.S. tax payers would be funding abortions.
4) Parental notification will no longer be required.
5) The number of abortions will increase by a minimum of 100,000 annually.
Perhaps most importantly the government will now have control in the issue of abortion. This could result in a future amendment that would force women by law to have abortions in certain situations (rape, down syndrome babies, etc) and could even regulate how many children women are allowed to have.
Please go to Fight FOCA and sign the petition. It's a horrible thing. This goes BEYOND pro-choice. If you support this, you are supporting the right to take away a woman's choice. Isn't that pro-choice? That each person makes their own choice for their life? Not the government? This would squash all of that.
Loving God - Self Denial
11 hours ago