Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Jason Ever

Is amazing.

Jason and his wife, Chrystalina (pretty much amazing name, right?) Are a married Catholic couple who are chastity speakers.

I first heard of Jason when my mom and I were at a Catholic bookstore and I saw one of his books. I thought it was awesome.

One night, my best buddy, Father Lynch, had a great group of girls who are looking into a religious vocation go to The Sisters of Life. That night, Fr. Lynch gave each girl a copy of Pure Womanhood by Chrystalina Evret.

That night, I devoured the book at least two times. I had always been "for" chastity, but this book made it even more so, if possible.

At the beginning of the school year, I got a calendar of events that the diocese had scheduled for young adults. I saw that Jason Evret was coming to speak! I was THRILLED! I told my mom we were going. Note that I TOLD her, I didn't ask. I mentioned it as a matter of fact. And what could she say? No, I don't want to take you to a chastity talk 'cause I don't care if you have sex before marriage or not.

Yeah, a mom can't really say that.

Tonight, I was sitting in the car, really excited, and my mom and sister were feeling a little apprehensive.

After the talk, both my mom and sister and I were all mesmorized.

Jason tells it like it is. He's blunt, but not brutally blunt. He has a great sense of humor, and it helps get through kids.

He tells you what can happen and that sex is a sacred gift. It's great. It's everything your parents told you told by someone who went through the teenage years a little more recently.

If Jason is coming to your area, GO SEE HIM!

If not, go to his website. You'll fall in love with the idea of chastity. It's real love.


Tell me what you think!!

<33 Katie

2 comments:

Rachel said...

cool! sounds like you had a great time and learned a valuable, godly lesson at the same time. :) thanks for sharing that with us readers!

Kaila said...

I was able to hear Jason speak twice. He's AWESOME I'd go hear his talk again in a heart beat.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I look forward to reading more of your's as well :-)