Friday, February 27, 2009

Two years?!


Today is the two year anniversary of my beloved grandpa, better known as "Captain"'s death. It's nuts! The funeral seems like it took place a lifetime ago, but I feel like I just talked to him and joked with him yesterday. What a funny thing time is! Last night, I was on the phone with my mom, who's still in Florida until tomorrow, and it hit me. Two years ago yesterday, at around the same time I was on the phone with my mom yesterday, I was talking to my mom on the phone in the SAME place I was last night. Strange how some things come full circle, isn't it?

I remember vising him in ICU, even though I was a year too young to be allowed in. I told him how much I missed his ice cream sundaes and that as soon as he cam home, he was going to make me a HUGE one, with all the works. He gave me his conniving smile and began to do these weird motions with his hands.

He was making me an sundae. An invisible ice cream sundae

I remember trying not to cry as I told him it was the best sundae I had ever tasted. And it really was.

Anyway, this is for you Captain. I miss you and can't wait to see you again one day! xoxox

Katie

PS

That lovely picture is a picture of my gorgeous family when Captain was in the hospital. This was taken around Christmas '06. Captain is in the chair on the way left, and I'm in the middle with the pink shirt. :)


1 comment:

The Other Katie said...

Wow... a whole two years. *hug*

I still try to remember him at the prayer for the dead in Mass. :)

The sundae thing was so sweet! *hug again*