Sunday, July 12, 2009

Let's talk MJ and Farrah.

I know it's been at least two weeks since the tragic and unexpected death of "The King of Pop", Michael Jackson, and expected, but just as equally tragic death of Farrah Fawcett.

Why is my little town still in mourning, then? How many people from my town met Michael Jackson? As we passed our local Wendy's, a message on the board outside the restraunt caught my eye:

"Goodbye, Michael."

As soon as I had seen it, I was in shock. Truly, Michael Jackson was a wonderful entertainer, but as a person?

Yeah...

The same day of MJ and Farrah's deaths, my good friend Mike's cousin was killed over seas fighting for our country.

How much coverage did this FEARLESS HERO get?!

Nothing.

Not.

One.

Thing.

Still, our country is mourning the deaths of two entertainers. Yes, they were entertaining. Yes, they will be missed. But what about the man that died for you? Why aren't we mourning him? The man laid his life down for his country, so selfless. How many of us are willing to do that?

Don't mourn the entertainers, mourn the hero.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I agree sooo completely!